WOW even wat feiten van Pinterest.
In het Engels maar toch leuk om even door te lezen. Vooral puntje 15, in de UK zijn er meer mannen dan vrouwen die “Pinnen”.
1. Pinterest is retaining and engaging users as much as two to three times as efficiently as Twitter was at a similar time in history. (via RJMetrics)
2. Etsy is the top site in terms of “source domains.” (Source domains are the sites that content on Pinterest links to externally.) Google is second, followed by Flickr, Tumblr, and WeHeartit.com (via RJMetrics)
3. Pinterest accounts for 3.6 percent of referral traffic, while Twitter just barely edged ahead of the newcomer, accounting for 3.61 percent of referral traffic. In July 2011, Pinterest accounted for just 0.17 percent of referral traffic, proving the site’s blockbuster growth. (via PR Daily)
4. Pinterest has 10.4 million registered users (and growing). (via AppData)
5. According to AppData and Facebook, 97 percent of Pinterest users are women.
6. American users of the social network spend an average of one hour and 17 minutes on the site, well ahead of Twitter (36 minutes), LinkedIn (17 minutes), and Google+ (six minutes). (via AllTwitter)
7. Top corporate Pinterest boards: Real Simple (34,517 followers), HGTV (17,824 followers), Nordstrom (9,886 followers), West Elm (11,547 followers), ModCloth (11,813 followers), Whole Foods (14,217 followers), Better Homes and Gardens (15,127 followers), Kate Spade (16,371 followers), Etsy (53,784 followers).
8. Estimated unique visitors to Pinterest.com increased by 429 percent from September to December 2011. (via Monetate)
9. According to comScore (via TechCrunch), the average Pinterest user spends 98 minutes per month on the site, compared to 2.5 hours on Tumblr, and seven hours on Facebook.
10. Daily Pinterest users have increased by more than 145 percent since the beginning of 2012. (via Mashable)
11. More than one-fifth of Facebook-connected users are on Pinterest daily (which represents more than 2,000,000 members). (via Mashable)
12. Top areas of the country for Pinterest users: East South Central (Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee) and West North Central (Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota and North Dakota).
13. The biggest demographic for Pinterest: Women ages 25 to 34. (via Ignite)
14. Only 25 percent of Pinterest users have earned a bachelors or higher degree and the majority live off a household income of $25,000 to $75,000. (via Ignite)
15. In the U.K., the majority of Pinterest users are male (56 percent male vs. 44 percent female). (via Ragan.com)